Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Back from the Honeymoon!

My wife and I arrived back from the Hawaiian island of Kauai on Saturday.  The time difference between Princeville Kauai and Ramsey, Minnesota is 5 hours.  I fell asleep on Saturday evening and didn't wake up until roughly 11 hours later late Sunday morning.

I managed to get some reading done for the new edition of the Bolt Action rules.  I do like the changes and I think they'll make the game both more fluid and interesting.  Tonight I'll get back to work on my models.

Closing up this post for today is a panoramic image I took overlooking Hanalei Bay.  I normally don't cross my two hobbies, but photography does play a role in capturing my work in scale modeling.

Milky Way over Hanalei Bay
September 24, 2016

This is a 6 panel panoramic image shot looking over Hanalei Bay on the Hawaiian island of Kauai.  This was taken on the first night of our honeymoon and didn't take long at all to shoot due to such dark skies.  I believe I caught some zodial glow in the lower right corner.  Very little tweaking was needed to tease out the details from the core; it was that bright there!

Equipment used:
Nikon D750, Rokinon 24mm Cine F/1.5 lens, tripod, Nodal Ninja 4, and remote.

Each panel of the 6-part panoramic image was shot with the following EXIF:
3200 ISO, 20 seconds, 24mm, at f/2.0.

If any of you ever have any questions about photography, feel free to send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment