Monday, July 11, 2016

The Desert Comes to my Germans...

I got home to find two packages from Warlord Games.

























Kradschutzen motorcycles with sidecars!



The first contained five Kradschutzen motorcycles with sidecars.  I'm incredibly excited to build and use these with my Germans for both my DAK list and my Defense of Italy list.  I think they'll provide a great dynamic to my play style as I prefer to normally duke it out head on.  I'll do an assembly review after I get a chance to sit down with them.


The Desert has arrived!

Last week I ordered the Warlord Desert Battlefield Theming Set.  I actually have a whole drawer full of basing supplies, but to be honest I don't have much in the sort of desert and sparse wasteland.  I looked it over online and thought it'd be a great way to get all of the basing supplies I'd need to base my Germans in a uniform manner.  Everything came packaged neatly in a compact box.



In the box you get two grades of sand and gravel with vary with grit size.  There are small rocks in the darker bag which provides a variety of scale for the texture of your bases.  In addition to the sand, you get 5 bags of grass, each with a different hue of green to it.  These will be great to create different areas of interest and provide some color contrast.  You also get some cork to create rock and other features.  You also get a nice little block of foliage which you can pull apart to add some scraggle to your bases.  I know I'll be placing some on my vehicles as camouflage (especially my Flak 88...).

Lastly you get some broken brick walls!


The stone walls are made of resin and are pretty detailed.  I think they have a lot of character to them and should be great to paint up.  As I play more games now, it's fun to find and work on additional terrain to add to the boards.  These will allow my Germans to feel right at home and will really enhance the look of the board while a game is taking place.

That's all for now.  I'll be sure to post some WIP pictures as I make my way through a busy work week and try to get some stuff done.

Thanks for looking!

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment